Standardized Testing Tidbits

Saturday, May 14, 2016
I'm currently flying solo when it comes to standardized testing for the end of the year. I've done my best to memorize the accommodations and modifications I provide, but now that I'm doing this without my partner in crime - I had to find a way to quickly reference all IEP accommodations.

Julia shared this technique with our team last year, and I'm finally getting around to using it now. Don't kill me Julia! She has a different format that I made my own. Here's a quick glimpse, a more detailed discussion in the "Read More" section:

This is the most organized I've been all year.
  1. Student Names - You probably realized there's one white box and three green boxes. This shows me which IEPs have been updated. Thus, green symbolizes that a new IEP has been finalized, and white symbolizes that a new IEP has not been finalized. 
  2. Accommodations - The column on the left side has the accommodations in bold.  These also contain general testing accommodations for curriculum based tests. 
  3. Indicators - X marks the spot. Each column belongs to a student, therefore, it shows the accommodations the student needs. 
  4. Grade Level Tabs - Since I will be testing all of Middle School, I've got the entire crew listed. I organized the students into their grade levels. 
Second thing I did? Scheduled groups. I can't read multiple math assessments out loud and not distract students. I ended up dividing the students, who were testing on that day, into groups of 3 or 4. I made sure that there was no more than two read aloud assessments. This way I can sit in between them, while students with directions read aloud, sit on the outer edges. Check it out!

A sample of a testing schedule I made for his Spring.
The schedule divides the day into two sections: AM and PM testing. I'm starting with the Math assessment first, then the Reading. Here's some more info:
  1. Student Initials - Pretty straight forward, easy way to identify them if you know who needs accommodations. 
  2. Accommodations - Easiest way to group students is by how much time and what is needed for that student. If you noticed, there's never more than two read alouds per group, this way they still have minimal distractions.
  3. Grade Level/Subject - Self-explanatory, just trying to keep myself sane here.
  4. Retakes - No doubt there will be absences, behavioral issues, etc. I'm ready for it. 
I sent both of these out to my team, therefore they know exactly what to expect that week.

1 comment :

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top